Priority area Peacebuilding Filling the peace deal with life
These activities address the following aspects among others:
- Addressing the conflict through criminal justice and supporting the judiciary and the truth commission
- Search for missing persons
- Inclusion of peacebuilding in regional and local development plans
- Compensation for victims and restitution of land or redistribution of land to displaced persons
- Development of public infrastructure and a nationwide land register
- Sport for Development: training of (male and female) football coaches who are able to help children and youth build social skills and to familiarise them with peaceful forms of conflict resolution
- Urban development in Bogotá: sustainable urban mobility
- Support for the peace mission of the Organization of American States
Support is also provided, through an EU peace fund, to projects for the practical implementation of the 2016 peace deal.
The governments of Germany and Colombia reached an agreement that German loans in the area of peacebuilding would only be disbursed if the Colombian peace institutions are able to work unimpeded.